Aging gracefully has been a hot topic for probably as long as women have been growing older- in other words, forever. We live in a modern day and age
where science and technology have made great advances in this area. And yet, not every mature woman is willing to undergo something as drastic or expensive as plastic surgery in order to look youthful.
Thankfully, some of the most important anti aging beauty secrets are surprisingly simple and affordable to just about everyone. Here are some practices that you can – and should- be employing to help yourself look your very best, no matter what your age.
1. Get Yearly Checkups. This is probably the most important thing you can do to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. For women, a yearly visit to the OBGYN will ensure that you are in optimal health and also reveal any concerns that need to be further looked into. the peace of mind you will get from a clean bill of health will make you feel absolutely wonderful. Health and vibrancy translate to looking beautiful and nothing can compare.
2. Take Care of Your Smile. Those pearly whites need to be professionally cleaned at the dentist every 6 months. In addition, your gums need to be cleaned and examined and any cavities taken care of promptly. there is a strong link between good dental health and heart health. So your dental cleaning not only benefits your beautiful smile, it actually improves your overall health.
3. Smooth, Radiant Skin. As skin begins to age, it dries out and can start to show fine lines and wrinkles. While nothing can stop the aging process, it can be slowed significantly by taking extra good care of your skin. This means sunscreen should be applied liberally every time you go outdoors- no matter the season or sun factor. And it’s super important to clean your face at night after you take your makeup off. Mild soap and water is all you really need. Apply lotion liberally all over your body, hands, face, and feet. don’t forget your knees,elbows, and neck, as these areas do tend to show signs of aging faster than other areas.
4. Restore your Mind. The best thing you can do to erase stress lines from your face and knots in your stomach is to get adequate rest every night. This is best achieved by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day- consistency is key. Meditation, walking, and yoga are stress busting practices you can do to help improve the quality of your sleep. Limiting caffeine and sugar in the diet helps too.
5. Intimacy. It has been said that sex is the natural fountain of youth, so please indulge, especially as you get older. Regular, satisfying relations with a monogamous partner are highly recommended to help you feel great about yourself and help keep you glowing and happy all throughout the day. Being playful and affectionate with a loving, intimate partner has been proven to make women feel more beautiful and live longer too. So have some fun in bed!
Remember that taking good care of your body as you age leads to an inner glow and beauty that just could never come from a bottle. Self care will enhance your everyday beauty routine magnificently so always take the very best care of your body.
See the Philips Sonicare review to find out how to get the brightest, healthiest smile.